Royal Belgian Osetra Caviar
Royal Belgian Osetra Caviar
- Country of Origin: Belgium
- Color: Dark olive to golden brown
- Taste: Earthy, creamy
- Size of Pearls: Medium plus
- Texture: Firm
- Species: (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii colchicus) Osetra Sturgeon
- Type: Sustainably Harvested
Royal Belgian Osetra Caviar is true “Osetra” caviar produced by the eggs of Russian sturgeon (Acipenser gueldenstaedtii). This caviar boasts medium sized pearls which are tinted anywhere between a dark olive green & a golden yellow color.
With these striking colors and pronounced and pleasing “nuttiness,” they are a heavenly experience for every connoisseur. It’s slightly earthy flavor, malossol cure (lightly salted), combined with a pleasant taste and texture makes Royal Belgian Osetra a top offering to be instantly appreciated by every caviar aficionado.
Exclusive Providers of Royal Belgian
We are proud to say that Browne Trading is the exclusive provider in the United States of this top of the range Caviar. What started in Belgium as a fish feed production company in the 1980s, Royal Belgium Caviar has since evolved and is now considered one of Europe’s most acclaimed producers of beautiful caviars. They began in the late eighties with the breeding of sturgeon in support of the development of sturgeon feed. In the early nineties, biologist Dr. Willy Verdonck was engaged in the breeding of sturgeon caviar, which yielded the first results in 2002.
Although initially very limited, the production did gradually increase, as did the number of cultivated species. Through years of intensive research, Dr. Verdonck managed to completely control the breeding cycle of some sturgeon species (and he is now considered an international authority on caviar production). From the fertilization of the egg up to the production of caviar, every step in the farm is meticulously controlled and monitored – and only one person, Willy’s wife Mia, is entrusted with the final production of the caviar.
Care & Serving Sizes
- Check out our guide for information on serving sizes or about how to care for your caviar!
- Our guide was created by our Founder, President, and Owner, Rod Browne Mitchell, a leading authority on caviar in the U.S.
- Our Caviar Room is where every type of caviar Browne Trading offers is selected & graded to ensure only the finest quality selections possible.
- Click here for a “behind the scenes” look at how we prepare your caviar before we send it your way!
Serviceware & Accompaniments
- We have a variety of items to enhance your experience with our premium quality caviar including our popular Mother of Pearl Spoons.
- Our Bilinis & Creme Fraiche are also hugely popular companions with our caviar.