Maine Urchin Roe, “Uni”
Out of stock
Sourcing premium quality fresh Urchin Roe is not an easy task. Lucky for Browne Trading, a leading urchin processor is located just down the street from our facility! This means we have daily access to the freshest Uni available in the United States.
We can ship our ocean-fresh Urchin Roe to your door via overnight delivery.
Our Uni has a bright yellow to orange color, a sweet flavor, and a creamy texture. It is delicious raw!
Applications for urchin roe include:
- Sauced over pasta or noodles
- Pureed with butter to finish seafood sauces.
Maine Urchin season begins in the Fall and ends in the Spring. In the Summer months, we source from colder Chilean waters. We purchase only the highest grade uni available.
Available as ‘two’ 4-ounce (approx. 20-30 in each) trays. The tray is wooden. Product ships fresh.
Urchin Roe Quick Facts
- Species: Sea Urchin (Strongylocentrus droebachienisis)
- Catch Region: Gulf of Maine in the Winter/Chile in the Summer
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Hand harvested by divers
- Flavor Profile: Slightly sweet
- Texture Profile: Delicate, smooth, buttery
- Substitute: Caviar/Roe
For best practices on the storage and care of fresh seafood click here.
Shipping and Handling (FAQ)
We prepare and pack your order the day it ships to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
We ship all perishables via priority overnight delivery. Place your order before 2 pm. est. and we can ship your order the same day!