Ōra King Salmon
Starting at $49.50 ($24.75 / lb)
Ōra King Salmon come from the first and only King salmon ocean-farm to receive the Green/Best Choice rating from the Seafood Watch program (produced by the Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation).
The Seafood Watch is an independent organization which is an authoritative consumer guide to sustainable seafood in the USA.
King’s are the largest of all salmon and the fattiest, boasting the highest levels of Omega-3 fatty acids. Their flesh is considered softer and more delicate than other salmons such as the Atlantic and Coho.
The flavor and texture of Ora King Salmon is full, rich and pronounced with a buttery, almost silky texture and large, soft flakes.
King salmon is extremely versatile in the kitchen. Prepare via:
For best practices on the storage and care of fresh seafood click here.
- Species: King Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha)
- Harvest Region: New Zealand
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Harvest Method: Farmed
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 70%
- Flavor Profile: Rich, Buttery, and Full
- Texture Profile: Moderately Firm; Delicate with Large Flakes
- Substitute: Sea Trout, Atlantic Salmon, Arctic Char
Available as One 2-pound average skin-on side
One Whole Fish. Scaled and Gutted. Approx. 7 pounds