Maine Peekytoe Crabmeat
$50.00 ($50.00 / lb)
Browne Trading has been known as the premier source of true Maine Peekytoe Crabmeat since we first introduced it to the finest New York restaurants over 25 years ago.
These Down East Rock Crabs are trapped live in crab pots, steamed whole, then their meats are hand-picked (not water blasted like many products now on the market) from their shells.
Fresh, cooked and ready to eat, this sweet crab meat is perfect for crab cakes, salads, and stuffings.
- Species: Peekytoe Crab (Cancer irroratus)
- Catch Region: Gulf of Maine
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Wild, Crab Traps/Pots
- Flavor Profile: Sweet & Succulent
- Texture Profile: Delicate
- Substitute: Maine Lobster, Carabineros, Langoustines, Scallops
If you are wondering what the best practices are for the storage & care of fresh & frozen seafood check out our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
Available as two 8 oz. Cups, 1 lb Net