Wild Dover Sole – Whole or Fillet
Starting at $80.00 ($40.00 / lb)
Wild caught in Portugal by day-boat fisherman; you will not find fresher wild Dover Sole in the United States! Day boats spend only one day at sea before returning with their catch. Handling the fish with care, our partners in Portugal ship the Sole to us ocean-fresh.
The premium quality of our Sole has helped make them a best-seller here at Browne, both to professional Chefs and home cooks alike.
Dover sole has tender, moist flesh that shines in the kitchen. Prepare this fish by:
- Poaching with wine and topped with sauce
- A la Meuniere
- Grilling with lemon wedges
Because of the thin, delicate fillets, Dover Sole is best suited to the above methods rather than dry heat like baking or boiling; this will help avoid overcooking. A classic way to serve Sole is whole and fillet at the table.
Available as two whole one pound fish. Scaled and gutted.
Four Skin-on Fillets approximately 1 pound total
For best practices on the storage and care of fresh seafood click here.
Wild Dover Sole Quick Facts
- Species: Dover Sole (Solea solea)
- Catch Region: Portugal
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Wild, Bottom Long-Line/Trawl
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 45%
- Flavor Profile: Mild & Sweet
- Texture Profile: Firm, Small Flakes
- Substitute: Turbot, Fluke, Halibut, John Dory
Shipping and Handling (FAQ)
We prepare and pack your order the day it ships to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
We ship all perishables via priority overnight delivery. Place your order before 2 pm. est. and we can ship your order the same day!
* Between December 16th and December 30th, all orders must be placed before NOON Eastern time. Thank you for your flexibility!