Starting at $55.00 ($11.00 / lb)
- Species: Arctic Char (Salvelinus alpinus)
- Catch Region: Iceland
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Harvest Method: Farmed
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 75%
- Flavor Profile: Pronounced, rich, clean
- Texture Profile: Medium-Firm
- Substitute: Sea Trout, Atlantic Salmon, King Salmon
The Arctic Char is closely related to the trout and salmon species. It has a pink to white flesh, with a finer flake than either salmon or trout and is sweet-tasting and somewhat milder in flavor than salmon.
Excellent in many preparations including sauteed, grilled or baked (prepare as you would a trout).
Available as One Whole Fish, 4-5 pounds average. Gutted.
Two Skin-On Fillets, 2 Lbs Avg
Learn about the storage of fresh and frozen seafood with our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
For how to fillet a round fish, click here.