Our Pristine Quality
Arriving in the best condition possible
All of our fish is selected, purchased, and checked according to Rod Browne-Mitchell’s high specifications. Our owner and sales representatives walk through the coolers to physically inspect the inventory daily. If they do not meet our standard, fish is sent back.
We grade fish as “pristine quality” based on these parameters:
- Fish received at or below the required temperature.
- The eyes on the fish are still pigmented and clear.
- Fish is in a “rigor mortis” state with tight, firm flesh and red gills indicative of fresh catch.
- The skin of the fish has zero scale loss, has vibrant, visible coloring.
- No skin blemishes, like gashes or tumors.
- No odor, except the sea.
- In live shellfish, we make sure the product is lively and kept at a proper temperature.
All fish accepted for sale are stored in our coolers and kept chilled with salt-water ice for ‘ocean cold’ products. Typically, Browne Trading fish only stay on our premise for a maximum of 48 hours. Some more popular items arrive in the morning and are gone by nightfall.
We continually inspect all of our seafood. We never ship any fish that does not meet Browne Trading quality standards. Our sales staff are trained, seafood experts. If we do not have what you are looking for and cannot source it from our many suppliers, we can always suggest an appropriate alternative.
Meticulous Packing Team
Browne Trading was among the first in our industry to perfect overnight shipping of perishable seafood.
All our seafood is hand-packed by our trained packing crew with cold packs and air balloons to make sure that your order arrives in pristine condition. Whether it comes by a Browne Trading truck, one of our partner carriers, or via overnight shipping, you can be reassured that your fish and seafood are well cared for at every step.