Responsibly Sourced Seafood
Browne Trading’s Commitment to Responsible Seafood Sourcing
Browne Trading Company is committed to the purchase and supply of responsibly sourced seafood. We believe we can supply our customers’ seafood needs without compromising our oceans’ fish’s future health.
To that end, we:
- Seek out wild fish harvested from State, Federal, and Internationally regulated Managed Fisheries designed to sustain the resource, emphasizing purchasing fish caught with low-impact fishing methods.
- Purchase farmed fish, shellfish, and caviars from “best practice” aquaculture facilities, emphasizing ecologically-minded farms with all-natural raising techniques.
- Support local New England fleets, farms, and fishing communities and uphold our long tradition of promoting Maine’s pristine seafood.
- Believe it’s our responsibility to inform and educate our customers about where their seafood comes from, emphasizing the product’s traceability.
- We seek to empower all our customers to make seafood purchasing choices that best suit their kitchens’ needs.
Our goal is to continue sourcing the finest seafood and freshest caviar, provide exemplary service to our distinguished clientele, support sustainable fisheries, and continue pursuing perfection in our business. We believe that quality, dependability, service, and trust set us apart from other companies.