Spanish Sea Bass – Whole or Fillet
Starting at $75.00 ($18.75 / lb)
What makes our Spanish Sea Bass so special is the beautiful story of Veta la Palma. The harvest practices and pristine natural ecosystem at Veta la Palma make the Spanish Sea Bass a superior choice for discerning chefs looking for the best quality.
The Bass’s culinary popularity is attributed to its firm flesh that cooks well in virtually all preparations – whether served whole or off the bone.
It’s sweet, mild flavor stands up well to even the most basic of seasonings, and can be served poached hot or cold, grilled or baked whole and stuffed, pan seared, and whole roasted in a salt crust.
- Species: Spanish Sea Bass (Centropristis striata)
- Harvest Region: Seville, Spain
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Harvest Method: Farmed
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 50%
- Flavor Profile: Sweet & Mild
- Texture Profile: Finely textured and flakey, firm
- Substitute: Red Snapper, Madai Snapper, Black Sea Bass, Hawaiian Kampachi
If you are wondering what the best practices are for the storage of fresh & frozen seafood check out our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
Available as two 2 Lb whole fish, scaled and gutted
Four Skin-On Fillets 2 Lbs Approx
Check out our link below which explains how to prepare & fillet a round fish. This step by step guide has been provided by award-winning food writer, cookbook author, photographer, and cooking teacher James Peterson.
* Between December 16th and December 30th, all orders must be placed before NOON Eastern time. Thank you for your flexibility!