Sea Trout Roe
Sea Trout Roe
- Country of Origin: Denmark
- Color: Translucent Orange
- Taste: More mild than Salmon Roe, light sweetness
- Size of Pearls: Large
- Texture: Firm
- Species: Oncorhynchus mykiss (Rainbow Trout)
- Type: Sustainably Harvested
This is a true Sea Trout Roe, produced by cold water Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) raised in Denmark. Petite in size compared to the larger roe of the Salmon, it has the same vibrant, translucent golden orange color.
The cold water rainbow trout caviar has a firm texture with a satisfying “pop”, is flavorful but milder than the strong flavor of salmon. Use to enhance your sushi plates, appetizers, as a garnish or simply enjoy with crème fraiche and blinis as an alternate to sturgeon caviar.
Care & Serving Sizes
- Check out our guide for information on serving sizes or about how to care for your caviar!
- Our guide was created by our Founder, President, and Owner, Rod Browne Mitchell, a leading authority on caviar in the U.S.
- Our Caviar Room is where every type of caviar Browne Trading offers is selected & graded to ensure only the finest quality selections possible.
- Click here for a “behind the scenes” look at how we prepare your caviar before we send it your way!
Serviceware & Accompaniments
- We have a variety of items to enhance your experience with our premium quality caviar including our popular Mother of Pearl Spoons.
- Our Bilinis & Creme Fraiche are also hugely popular companions with our caviar.
Connect with us!