Atlantic Halibut – Fillet
$65.00 ($27.50 / lb) - Appr. 2 lb(s)
Browne Trading takes great pride in purchasing only the best North Atlantic Halibut available.
These fish arrive fresh to Browne, with an average weight ranging from 30 to 60 Lbs each.
The largest of the flatfish family, the halibut has both eyes on its dark green/ brown topside. The blind underside is pearly white.
Thick and meaty, their flaky white fillets are excellent when baked, broiled, steamed, sauteed, or on the grill – even as kebobs. We cut whole fish here. Wild North Atlantic line hooked.
- Species: Atlantic Halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglussus)
- Catch Region: Canada/Maine
- Seasonality: Maine Season Approx. May-June & is Subject to Catch Limits
- Catch Method: Wild, Circle Hook/Trawl
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 74%
- Flavor Profile: Subtle, Sweet and Mild
- Texture Profile: Firm and Tender with Large Flakes
- Substitute: Turbot, Fluke, Dover Sole, Cod
If you are interested in learning more about where and how we source our wild fresh seafood click here & check out our blog!
Available as a Skin on Fillet, 2 Lbs Net
Shipping and Handling (FAQ)
We prepare and pack your order the day it ships to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
We ship all perishables via priority overnight delivery. Place your order before 11:00 AM. est. and we can ship your order the same day!