Turbot Fillet – Frz.
Out of stock
The turbot is prized in Europe for its delicious, bright-white fillets. Our turbot are raised on an all-natural diet in waters drawn directly from the Atlantic.The premium quality of this firm yet mild flatfish continues to rise in popularity – particularly on fine dining menus.
Turbot can be prepared in a variety of ways, including:
- Saucing – traditional in European cuisine
Available 2 lbs total. Frozen.
For best cooking, thaw the turbot in the fridge for a day before use.
European Turbot Quick Facts
- Species: European Turbot (Scophthalmus maximus)
- Harvest Region: Spain
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Farm
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 48%
- Flavor Profile: Mild, Delicate
- Texture Profile: Medium Firm
- Substitute: Fluke, Halibut, John Dory, Dover Sole
Shipping and Handling (FAQ)
We prepare and pack your order the day it ships to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
We ship all perishables via priority overnight delivery. Place your order before 2 pm. est. and we can ship your order the same day!