Spanish Sea Bass – Frz.
$38.00 ($38.00 / lb) - Appr. 1 lb(s)
What makes our Spanish Sea Bass so special is the beautiful story of Veta la Palma. The harvest practices and pristine natural ecosystem at Veta la Palma make the Spanish Sea Bass a superior choice for discerning chefs looking for the best quality.
The Bass’s culinary popularity is attributed to its firm flesh that cooks well in virtually all preparations – whether served whole or off the bone.
It’s sweet, mild flavor stands up well to even the most basic of seasonings, and can be served poached hot or cold, grilled or baked whole and stuffed, pan seared, and whole roasted in a salt crust.
Available as two fillets – 1 lb total. Frozen.
For best practice, thaw in fridge for 1 day prior to cooking.
- Species: Spanish Sea Bass (Centropristis striata)
- Harvest Region: Seville, Spain
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Harvest Method: Farmed
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 50%
- Flavor Profile: Sweet & Mild
- Texture Profile: Finely textured and flakey, firm
- Substitute: Red Snapper, Madai Snapper, Black Sea Bass, Hawaiian Kampachi