Black Sea Bass
Starting at $90.00 ($15.00 / lb)
Fished along the Eastern seaboard from Rhode Island to Virginia, the Black Sea Bass is one of the most versatile fish for preparations and one of our most popular.
Simply one of the best fish to grill or bake whole.
Their white flesh is sweet and mild when cooked – and many prefer to leave their skin on because it crisps up nicely in the pan. Also wonderful broiled, poached and steamed.
- Species: Black Sea Bass (Centropristis striata)
- Catch Region: Mid-Atlantic
- Seasonality: Year-round
- Catch Method: Wild, Trawl
- Yield (Fillet Percentage): 45%
- Flavor Profile: Sweet, mild, fresh
- Texture Profile: Moist, buttery
- Substitute: Spanish Sea Bass, Red Snapper, Madai Snapper
Available as two whole fish, 2-3 pounds average, scaled and gutted.
Four Fillets, 2-3 pounds average
Learn about the storage of fresh and frozen seafood with our blog article on the subject by clicking here.
For how to fillet a round fish, click here.